50 minutes | Registration not required | All workshops held in Old Library 2110
Resumes and Cover Letters
Internship and Job Search
- Tuesday, January 31, 2 pm
- Monday, February 13, 3:30 pm
- Monday, February 6, 3:30 pm
Career Fair Prep
- Wednesday, February 1, 3:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 7, 2 pm
- Thursday, February 2, 2 pm
- Thursday, February 9, 2 pm
Professional LinkedIn Photos
Professional UW-Eau Claire photographer will be available to take your photo for a professional LinkedIn profile, FREE of charge. Dress appropriately.
Wednesday, February 8 | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
No Appointment needed | Photo Studio , Schofield 37 (basement of Schofield Hall)
Walk in Resume Reviews
Wednesday, February 8 | 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. | Old Library 2110
Attending the Career Conference
- Try to get to the career conference as early as possible.
- Plan on spending a few hours visiting the different organizations.
- Bring your schedule with you, so you know when you’re available for interviews.
- Dress professionally. Present yourself as though interviewing for a position. Wear appropriate, but comfortable shoes.
- Introduce yourself with confidence.
- Don't be offended if a recruiter doesn't accept your resume. Many organizations use a different system to track applicants. Instead, use your time with the recruiter to gather information you can use to help you succeed when you do apply online.
- Collect business cards from everyone you talk to and take notes on them. And then FOLLOW-UP with them.
Once you are at the Career Conference, you may feel overwhelmed by all of the students, employees, and company representatives. Remember to remain calm and confident and follow your plan. Career Services staff will be on hand if you need any assistance.