Uploading Multiple Documents (Tailored Resumes & Tailored Cover Letters)
- The first resume you upload will be considered your “default resume. “ All employers in our database have access to default resumes. We suggest you make your first resume geared toward non-specific positions/employers.
- Every resume or document uploaded provides you the opportunity to customize the file name. We recommend naming your files “First Name Last Name Type of document.” For example: Jane Doe Resume.
- The first resume you upload will be "Pending" until it is accepted by a Career Services staff member (usually within 24 hours except on weekends).
- Any documents you submit after your first resume is approved will be available immediately.
- Every additional resume or document uploaded provides you the opportunity to customize the file name.
- If you have tailored a resume or cover letter for a company/position we recommend naming your files “First Name Last Name Type of document”. For example: Jane Doe Cargill Resume
Caution: When uploading multiple documents you are allowed to select a default document. This default document will be viewable to employers. Choose a document geared towards non-specific positions/employers. To change your defaults resume, click 'Set as Default' next to the resume name.
- All documents must be in a .doc, .docx (Microsoft Word document), .pdf, or .rtf format.
- To save a .pdf file when you are on-campus:
- Select File - 'Save As' - select PDF Select the location to save the .pdf file Enter the file name and click 'Save'
- For Word Documents:
- Avoid using templates, special formatting, and web resumes
- To upload an unofficial transcript:
- Log into 'MyBlugold CampS' Click ‘Self Service' - then choose 'Student Center'. Under 'Academics', select the drop down menu and click 'Transcript View Unofficial'; then click 'Go'. Choose the report type and click 'View Report'. Save your file as a PDF. Click 'Upload File' under Transcripts category in Hire-a-Blugold and upload your saved PDF.